Tonnes and tonnes of tomatoes are the ammunition in the spectacular battle on the last Wednesday of every August at the Tomatina Tomato Festival in Buñol, near Valencia. The next event will be on 26 August 2020 -
The fun will begin when the first soft red bomb is thrown in the morning and you can join in with one of our tours from Valencia.
Over 20,000 people from all over the world take part in the red tide at this friendly fight, using fresh, clean tomatoes brought in on the lorries that keep the troops supplied.
The festival started by chance in 1944 and later became an official celebration in 1959, in the town of Buñol about 22 miles (35km) from Valencia. Nowadays is it a world famous event.
Visitors from Spain and the rest of the world descend on the town to join in the big red fight. The fun continues afterwards with parties, paellas and more celebrations, for those that fought in the battle and anyone else that cares to join in.
Due to its growing popularity, the number of people that can take part has been restricted since 2013 and an entrance ticket is now required.
Get your ticket for the world's happiest tomato fight on Wednesday, 26 August 2020 in advance with us and we'll organise everything for you!
Enjoy the world famous Tomatina festival on one of our tours from Valencia, so you can focus on throwing red fruit and not worry about anything else.
Our tours include:
- Bus transfer there and back (Valencia-Buñol and Buñol-Valencia)
- Direct entrance to the Tomatina 2020 Festival with no long queues
- English-speaking guide to accompany you and explain how everything works
- Souvenir T-shirt
- Access to tour operator's Fun Zone with music and party atmosphere.
- Fun Zone includes a bar, food, paella, cloakroom/lockers all for an additional cost.
- Access to showers to wash off afterwards
- Tour operator's trip insurance
- Departures at: 8am (return bus departs at 2:30pm)
€59 per person
You will be given an official entrance bracelet directly on the bus and won't need to queue up to exchange a voucher.
We recommend only bringing essential items and keeping valuables with you in a dry bag. Items may also be left in the fun zone cloakroom/lockers at your own risk but the organisers cannot be held responsible for anything lost or stolen.
We can also include a paella and sangria lunch for groups of 15 or more people at an additional cost, contact us for more information.